Live so that when your children think of fairness and integrity, they think of you. The highest courage is to dare to be yourself in the face of adversity. Choosing right over wrong, ethic over convenience, and truth over popularity ... these are choices that measure your life. Travel the path of integrity without looking back, for there is never a wrong time to do the right thing.

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

YES I am in hiding...

Ok, I have been hiding out. I am guilty! It has been so so nice to have the kids home, no huge commitments; Just chillin', cleaning, relaxing, watching movies, baking, playing wii (minus wii fit we got from Grandma & Grandpa Cook telling me I am obese, thanks so much!) But... *sigh* I have to come back to reality. My poor husband is still working like a slave. He only had Christmas Day off, closing Christmas Eve, and Opening the next day :( So I guess I shouldn't complain. Anyway, we had a great few days. We were way too spoiled this year. Such fun family times, great family like friends, and lots and lots of LOVE! Christmas Eve Church was AWESOME! It was so relaxing and I found myself fighting back the tears all service. I am so thankful for the many blessings I too often take for granted. My New Year's resolution is to make a lifestyle change which would afford my husband working LESS! Please keep us in your prayers that this is something we can accomplish soon. Enough is enough & I think almost 16 years of sacrifice is sufficient. I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! :0)

3 comments:

Brittany said...

My grandma makes me feel bad about my weight, too. Maybe it is a generational thing.

I'm happy to hear that your Christmas was merry!
Happy New Year!

Brittany said...

I almost forgot...
I'll be joining you in prayer about your resolution.

Hugs!

Love said...

so glad you stopped by my blog! i, too, have enjoyed having our oldest two home for break so very much.
and i think that's an awesome new year's resolution. i'm still deciding on mine. =)