Live so that when your children think of fairness and integrity, they think of you. The highest courage is to dare to be yourself in the face of adversity. Choosing right over wrong, ethic over convenience, and truth over popularity ... these are choices that measure your life. Travel the path of integrity without looking back, for there is never a wrong time to do the right thing.

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Scavenger Hunt

A few years ago after continual begging from my kiddos to open a gift early I had an idea. It is now a tradition we are all happy with...A Weekly scavenger hunt. We usually have 2 or 3 before Christmas. I purchase a few small gifts for them with the hunt in mind. I create clues for them to go around the house, finding the next clue, ending at their special pre-xmas gift. They LOVE it! Super fun! The best thing, they don't bug me to open gifts early~ Last night was their 1st hunt. It has been pretty crazy lately so we have been winging it this year. It is usually say Friday nights,but this year, it's when I say, lol! It is really fun to see them trying to figure out what the heck my clues mean! They are so excited and running all over the house! Such a FUN tradition! Here is a pic of the clues as well as Drew's prize. Haliee got one too in Clarice form! They took them to school today to write with them. :0) Next Hunt is the 21st or 22nd, then the last hunt is Christmas Eve. I'll take pics of them in the act next hunt! Merry Almost Christmas!

1 comment:

Brittany said...

I love this idea!
Super cute!