Live so that when your children think of fairness and integrity, they think of you. The highest courage is to dare to be yourself in the face of adversity. Choosing right over wrong, ethic over convenience, and truth over popularity ... these are choices that measure your life. Travel the path of integrity without looking back, for there is never a wrong time to do the right thing.

Saturday, April 25, 2009

What happens when...

Your husband is cooped up in the house for a week with nothing to do but help cut & heat seal ribbon (hee hee)....This happens...
This actually happened last weekend, but my computer was being friendly to the housecleaning and not so friendly to the blogger, lol! He came to me last Sat. night at 5 pm mind you & said "I'm Bored" Me: Ok, well I wish I was what do you want me to do about it... Hal: I want to do the guest room. Me: LOL, it's 5 pm...Hal: it won't take that long. Me: Ok, go for it, lol!

So...he painted 4 different colors, and decorated all of it~! We had accumulated all of the stuff except the blue paint which I ran to Home Depot and got (yes HIS project right?) LOL. He did a great job huh!? I wanted to do kind of a nautical but Lakey feel since we are right by the lake, kind of serene sanctuary for our guests. Now, I want to go buy lots of pretties but I am so impressed with how cute it is without planning at all. Does that mean I have a shopping problem if you can virtually shop from my house, bahhh! BTW, he (we) finished after 1 am! So much for it won't take that long, lol!

Ok, anyone wanna come visit now? We are booking for summer *wink* Ya Right! I do however promise to make yummy food! Ahhh....I am off to grab a shower so we can go to Drewy's game at 10. HUGS

PS~ Here is a pic of our beautiful city by the lake and some close ups of my husbands handiwork :)

It is so beautiful here in all seasons :0)

3 comments:

Beki said...

Wow Hal. If he gets bored again, just send him my way. Love you guys.

Sharon said...

Aww what a great job your hubby did! Hmm how about mid August for a visit when it will be about 105 in Texas:)

kaydensgracedesigns said...

LOL Bek! Ok, I bet he would totally be down for a beach trip right about now! We have been watching the kids play ball in the 30's & 40's and Hail! Luv u 2!

Sharon! Yes, come on over sweets! It is NEVER 105 here! I don't miss that weather! XOX