Live so that when your children think of fairness and integrity, they think of you. The highest courage is to dare to be yourself in the face of adversity. Choosing right over wrong, ethic over convenience, and truth over popularity ... these are choices that measure your life. Travel the path of integrity without looking back, for there is never a wrong time to do the right thing.

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Happy 4th of July!

Now to be quite honest, I am not really a fan of this holiday. I think it gives people an excuse to party, drink too much, and act a fool. I am not so into fireworks, I mean if you've seen them once, you've seen them a thousand times. OHHH AHHH already. It makes a mess on your sidewalk when you do them at home. It is a pain with crowds, traffic chaos when you go out, there are too many people {idiots} out on the lake to go out in the boat... Now no one text me, I am all about making my kids happy. We are going to see a fireworks show tonight. We are bbqing with the family & doing our own fireworks tomorrow night. We have seen fireworks the past 2 weekends at the ball fields. Blah blah. :0)

That being said, I do LOVE what this holiday stands for. We are certainly "Home of the Free because of the Brave" I don't want to make light of that. I am so so very thankful for our brave and selfless servicemen & women all over the world sacrificing to make my life better. Thank you all so much for making my country safe for me and my family. I truly appreciate every.single.one of you!!

A little icing on the cake is the cuteness of holidays!!! here is a tutu I just made for my friends daughter to wear tomorrow! Isn't it so dang cute! I love the star tulle! Now aren't you glad everyone isn't as bah humbug as me :) Have a Happy & Safe 4th Everyone!!!

No comments: