Live so that when your children think of fairness and integrity, they think of you. The highest courage is to dare to be yourself in the face of adversity. Choosing right over wrong, ethic over convenience, and truth over popularity ... these are choices that measure your life. Travel the path of integrity without looking back, for there is never a wrong time to do the right thing.

Thursday, August 20, 2009

A Movie Night "Garage Style"

Hal has been wanting to do this for awhile and I have been saying, next week, I am too busy, blah, blah...for awhile now, so being the manager he is, he kindly (executively) made the decision to do it last night.

Haliee made little flyers for some friends and a few neighbors. Hal took the projector out of the media room and set it up on the driveway. We popped popcorn and made little bags, we made some home made rootbeer and rented Hotels for Dogs.

The kids had a blast. It was really fun! I am glad my man is tech savvy, lol. It was nice to have the summer air around us like old time drive inn days to which my kids no nothing of lol. Everyone just laid all over and laughed and talked and enjoyed the movie! They spilled root beer a million times and it didn't even matter, it was the driveway! This will definitely be a Summer tradition now! We'll have to get a few move nights in before it cools down too much!
Here are a few pics, I tried to take some without the flash, but it didn't work out too well. When I uploaded it, it was totally black, LOL! There were a ton of people all over the lawn, driveway, sidewalk, too fun! It was hard to get pics of everyone as I was getting the look everytime my camera flashed when they were trying to watch the movie! The movie came out perfect & it was totally clear and awesome! Thanks Daddy for being so awesome and giving our kiddos tons of great memories! :0)
Papa Ken & Ola are coming over today to treat us to a day of roller coaster and water park fun at Silverwood since our boat is still in the shop fixing those dang windows, I hope it is finished soon so we can get out on the lake . We are so lucky to have such great family and friends. I am blessed! I will try and remember my dang camera this time since I spaced it on the flight to Boise!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks like so much fun - what a super idea.

kaydensgracedesigns said...

Thanks! It was so fun, definately a new tradition :0)